IIS Basic authentication Logout

Thread: IIS Basic authentication Logout

Default IIS Basic authentication Logout

Hi All,<BR><BR>[To spare you reading the below, I just need to know how to remove / unset the LOGON_USER after using IIS authentication].<BR><BR>I am currently sync&#039;ing our database login with our domain login. I use the basic authentication provided by IIS and on my pages, request the server variable LOGON_USER. <BR>However some users have 2 or more domain accounts and therefore when I cross check the LOGON_USER it won&#039;t be found, although their domain username and password are correct. My question then, how to I provide a way for them to logout? I have searched yahoo and google without success.<BR><BR>I have tried:<BR>set request.servervariables("LOGON_USER") = ""<BR>request.servervariables("LOGON_USER") = ""<BR>servervariables("LOGON_USER") = ""<BR><BR>all to no avail (don&#039;t fire me for the above three lines, they&#039;re all I could think of)<BR><BR>Any help is appreciated.<BR>Many thanks!

Default RE: IIS Basic authentication Logout

that variable is READ-ONLY. you can&#039;t set or unset it<BR><BR>send a 401 header to the browser, which should log out the user<BR><BR>Response.status = "401"<BR><BR>(i think)