Sending a dynamic HTML Email...disregard first pos

Thread: Sending a dynamic HTML Email...disregard first pos

Default Sending a dynamic HTML Email...disregard first pos

Hello,<BR><BR>Sorry this is not a repost I just messed up the text and wanted to get it up in the right way.<BR><BR>I need to send an HTML email. I wanted to know if there was a way to just pull all of the html from a page, like doing a view source and just copying the info into a variable and then being able to send the email. I am trying to avoid having to do something like this.<BR><BR>msg = "&#060;html&#062;&#060;body&#062;&#060;b&#062;Than k you for shopping with me!&#060;/b&#062;" & vbNewLine <BR>msg = msg & "&#060;p&#062;You may track your order by clicking " <BR>msg = msg & "&#060;a href=""" & Escape(custid) & """&#062;here&#060;/a&#062;" <BR>msg = msg & "&#060;/body&#062;&#060;/html&#062;"<BR><BR>objMail.Body = msg<BR><BR>Because the pages I have to do this are rather complex and I am trying to avoid having to create all of the complex ASP to do it the above way. I want to just be able to pull all the info from an existing ASP page. Does anyone know if this is possible? Also if this is to confusing let me know. I am using ASPMail to send the email dynamically on the site.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Joey<BR>

Default It would be kind of ugly...

...but you could use ServerXMLHTTP to "read" the HTML of one of your intended-for-browser pages from the page sending the email and then just stuff that into the body.<BR><BR>I say ugly because a formatted-for-full browser page won&#039;t necessarily look very good in EMail. Not to mention the problems of getting any images in the page attached properly. Not to mention...<BR><BR>Truly, I think that simply a link to a browser page, as you are doing, is the best way.<BR><BR>What do you do about people who don&#039;t enable HTML in their browsers? (Such as my good friend who is blind and reads email with a machine that shows it in braille. But he has another way of "viewing" web pages.) <BR><BR>