Installing components/registering dlls??

Thread: Installing components/registering dlls??

GnatMan Guest

Default Installing components/registering dlls??

Hi Guys,<BR><BR>I have no idea about installing new components or whatever it is you need to get these things working, just wondering if anyone can help or point me to a good site that will educate me. These components are obviously on my live server coz they work, but when I use them on my development server I get a Invalid Class string error, how do I install these components?? Thanks in advance<BR><BR>set upl = Server.CreateObject("SoftArtisans.FileUp")<BR>set Mailer = Server.CreateObject("SMTPsvg.Mailer")<BR><BR>Natha n<BR><BR>

Jason Miller Guest

Default RE: Installing components/registering dlls??

1) Copy .dlls to a server-known & executable directory (like winntsystem32). Ensure that everybody can do pretty much everything with them.<BR><BR>2) When ready to muck about with registering components, stop all web services.<BR><BR>3) Run the following command:<BR>regsvr32 [path for dll; ie: c:winntsystem32webdriver.dll]<BR><BR>4) When done mucking about with registering components, restart all web services.<BR><BR>Note: To unistall a .dll, add a " -u " after "regsvr32" into step 3.<BR><BR>Other Note: If you get an "unknown command" on step 3, you may need to run "regsrv32" instead -- I never can keep Rs straight... but I think it&#039s "regsvr32".