server scripts

Thread: server scripts

ahmet Guest

Default server scripts

i am using iis 4.0 and i think i have done all the required arrangements for the asp to run but i simply write a *.asp documents with a script in it that shows the time..but when i call it from a html file with post method it shows me the blank *.asp file instead of the scripts it has to run. all my documents are in a virtual directory...i also tried it in a home directory..but the scripts dont work still..please help me..i am trying to solve it for 2 weeks..

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: server scripts

I think this might answer your problem. Virtual directories have nothing to do with whether or not asp works.<BR><BR>Create file and call it time.asp. Save this file in the C:InetPubwwwroot directory of your iis server.<BR><BR>Copy the following code into your file.<BR><BR><BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#060;body&#0 62;<BR>Today is &#060;%= Date() %&#062; <BR><BR>The Time is &#060;%= time() %&#062; <BR><BR>The date and time is &#060;%= now() %&#062; <BR><BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR><BR>Cut and paste the following line into your web browsers location/address area.<BR><BR>http://localhost/time.asp<BR><BR>If you can&#039t get to this page, check under START/PROGRAMS/NT OPTION PACK 4 /Internet Service Manager.<BR><BR>I tree view expand that until you can see Default Web Site.<BR>Select it in the tree. Then look to upper middle of your screen for a PLAY &#124 STOP &#124 PAUSE button. Make sure that the play button is greyed out. This means that your web server is running.<BR><BR>If this doesn&#039t help, feel free to email me.<BR><BR>Respectfully,<BR><BR>Jason<BR>webmaster @wnj.com<BR>