Best way to display product pictures

Thread: Best way to display product pictures

Alistair Iverson Guest

Default Best way to display product pictures

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039m using Access 2000, Frontpage 2000 & ASP.<BR><BR>I have a product file (in Access MDB) with ProductID, description, price etc. I use an ASP page to display a list of products which the user can select from. The ProductID field is a hyperlink to a &#039Full Details&#039 page (single page populated by query on ProductID) which displays the product&#039s full details. Some of the products have a photo which I would like displayed on the &#039Full Details&#039 page.<BR><BR>Is it best to store the photo&#039s in ..images and just have a reference link in the database, or store the picture in the database?<BR><BR>Having decided which of above is best (or maybe an alternative) what do I need to do to my &#039Full Details&#039 page to display the picture? <BR><BR>Thanks in anticipatation of your pearls of wisdom.<BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>Alistair

Default RE: Best way to display product pictures

Hi Alistair,<BR><BR>You are so close mate. All you need to do is store the images url in the database. i.e. ../images/mypic.gif<BR><BR>To display the image you just need retrieve the db field which holds the images url, not hard as you&#039ll be retrieving other fields relating to the product right?<BR><BR>so you&#039ll do some thing like this<BR><BR>&#060;img src="&#060;%=MyRS("MyImage")%&#062;"&#062;<BR><BR> Hope that helps<BR><BR>Pete