add blog post by email

Thread: add blog post by email

Default add blog post by email

Hello,<BR><BR>I&#039;m not sure if this post belongs here and I apologize if it&#039;s already been answered or appeared anywhere else on the 4guys site. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way that an email could fire off a script or add a record to a database.<BR><BR>The reason that I am asking is because Blogger has a feature where someone could post to their blog by sending an email. I don&#039;t use Blogger so I&#039;m not 100% how it works. I was just curious if anyone knew how this works.<BR><BR>thank you!

Default Just have to use a component...

...that is capable of *READING* email.<BR><BR>But it really doesn&#039;t belong in ASP, because you&#039;d rather have it be some sort of scheduled task that goes out once ever 5 minutes or so and checks for email and, if an appropriate message is found, then posts the info to the DB.<BR><BR>You could do it via VBScrpt, still, by using Windows Script Host (WSH...see Still need the component. See for several components that should be able to fill the bill.<BR><BR>I *think* you can do this using some of the built-in features of the .NET framework, if you don&#039;t mind learning VB.NET or C#.NET. (Again, though, *not* ASP.NET...still doesn&#039;t belong as part of the web server.)<BR><BR>