SQL agent problem part 2

Thread: SQL agent problem part 2

Default SQL agent problem part 2

Hi,<BR><BR>I have posted the question earlier but no one seemed to be able to help, I guess I didn&#039;t explain myself clear enough. Basically the following code work, say if I want to call an ASP page from another ASP page: <BR><BR>Dim WshShell<BR>Set WshShell =CreateObject("WScript.Shell")<BR>WshShell.Run ("http://www.mysite.com/process.asp")<BR>Set WshShell = Nothing<BR><BR>But when I use the same code on SQL agent it didn&#039;t work (failed), I just want someone to advise me what went wrong? (In SQL agent I specified the job type as Active script and the language as Visual Basic Script. (the page I want to link is on the same server and I have tried to change it to local path too but it still didn&#039;t work)<BR><BR>Many thanks<BR><BR>J

Default Specified wrong...

SQL Agent is expecting a ".vbs" file that will be run via Windows Script Host (WSH).<BR><BR>An ASP page is *NOT* seen as an "Active Script" or "VBS" job by SQL Agent. So far as SQL Agent knows, it&#039;s just a browser page. Could be plain HTML or be generated by CGI, PHP, JSP, who knows what. The language is 100% invisible to SQL Agent.<BR><BR>You&#039;d probably be better off converting the page to a ".vbs" file and running WSH, anyway. Even when doing it from ASP.<BR><BR>But that&#039;s your choice.<BR><BR><BR>