dbread problem of some sort

Thread: dbread problem of some sort

Default dbread problem of some sort

[code language="C#"]<BR>&#060;%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %&#062;<BR>&#060;%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %&#062;<BR>&#060;%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OleDb" %&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;script runat=server&#062;<BR><BR>void Page_Load( object s, EventArgs e )<BR>{<BR>OleDbConnection dbconn;<BR>OleDbCommand dbcomm;<BR>OleDbDataReader dbread;<BR>string dog = Session["UserID"].ToString();<BR>double bird = Convert.ToDouble(dog);<BR>dbconn = new OleDbConnection( "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA Source=C:\trackrecordnew.mdb");<BR>dbconn.Open();< BR>dbcomm = new OleDbCommand( "SELECT * FROM EquityHistory WHERE AccountID =" + bird + " ORDER BY DateID DESC" , dbconn );<BR>dbread=dbcomm.ExecuteReader();<BR><BR>equity history.DataSource=dbread;<BR><BR>equityhistory.Da taBind();<BR>if ( dbread.Read() )<BR>{<BR> Name.Text=dbread["Name"].ToString();<BR>}<BR>dbread.Close();<BR>dbconn.Clo se();<BR> <BR>}<BR><BR> void Signout_Click(Object sender, EventArgs E) {<BR><BR> FormsAuthentication.SignOut();<BR> Response.Redirect("myaccount.aspx");<BR> }<BR>&#060;/Script&#062;<BR>[/code]<BR>when i use this code and a datagrid to display the result, it only shows data with dateid 1-7 and NOT data with dateid 8. when i change it to ORDER BY DATEID ASC it only shows data with dateid 2-8 and NOT dateid 1. but, when i take out the code<BR>[code language="C#"]<BR>if ( dbread.Read() )<BR>{<BR> Name.Text=dbread["Name"].ToString();<BR>}<BR>[/code]<BR>(this code is the take the person&#039;s name from the data and later display it uing asp:label)<BR>Well, when i take it out, all the data shows (dateID&#039;s 1-8 all show nothing is omitted)<BR>the problem is i need to get the name out of the database to display it on top. Does anyone know why this occurs and any possible ways to fix it, thanx!

Default Well, you could get rid of...

...that data binding and do it all "manually" with the data reader.<BR><BR>But instead of that, why not just use a little bit of client-side JavaScript to clone the value from the details in the table to the heading?<BR><BR>Sure do miss some of the simplicity of ADO, don&#039;t you?<BR><BR>