Form Not Remembering Previous Entries

Thread: Form Not Remembering Previous Entries

Default Form Not Remembering Previous Entries

Hi all,<BR><BR>I&#039;ve created a web form that, when submitted, calls a script to populate a database.<BR><BR>Once the script is called another page appears, giving the user feedback to whether the insert was successful. <BR><BR>The user can then click on a link, or the Back button to return them to the previous screen.<BR><BR>In most cases, the values that the user has typed in on the previous form submission are remembered. However, on occasions they get cleared. They do not seem to be an obvious pattern to this, and it occurs at different times on different machines.<BR><BR>I have tried changing the browser settings so that it does not check for newer versions of pages; I have also changed the size of the Temporary Internet files, both to no avail.<BR><BR>I’m a bit stuck now, can anybody please help?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR >

Default Is AutoComplete on?

(Tools &#062; Internet Options &#062; Content)

Default RE: Form Not Remembering Previous Entries

Have you tested to see if its the back button, or the link they click that does it?<BR><BR>If someones browser cache is getting full then it wont remember what it typed...<BR><BR>If the link you provide is just a clickable link to that page, then yes good chance it wont remember those values<BR>If the latter, then (If its not passwords) put the values they entered into the querystring and pass it back to form that way...<BR>