I am new to asp.net. I have made a page where it retrieves details from a db and displays in datagrid. I am pagin teh datagrid. I have also put a &#060;asp:ButtonColumn Text="Details" HeaderText="Full Order Details" /&#062; button . Heres the code<BR><BR>sub Page_load()<BR> if not page.ispostback then <BR> datagridbind() --&#062; this is my db connection and query<BR> end if <BR>end sub <BR><BR>Sub showdetails(sender as Object, e as DataGridCommandEventArgs) <BR> dim xx as tablecell<BR> xx=e.item.cells(1)<BR> lbl_msg.text=xx.text<BR>End Sub <BR><BR>Sub NewPage(sender As Object, e As DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) <BR> Details.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex<BR> datagridbind() <BR>End Sub<BR><BR>&#060;asp:DataGrid runat="Server" AllowPaging="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnPageIndexChanged="NewPage" HorizontalAlign="Center" id="Details" OnItemCommand="showdetails"&#062;<BR><BR>What is happening that for the Details button i need a ispostback check in pageload. When i put a ispostback check the details button works but the next page of the paging gives a error <BR><BR>Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: index <BR>Line 47: dim xx as tablecell<BR>Line 48: xx=e.item.cells(1)----&#062; error is here<BR>Line 49: lbl_msg.text=xx.text<BR><BR><BR>Can anyone tell me the workaround. Also is it possible to open a new popup window to open on click of details link.<BR><BR>brij <BR>