Remote Database using DSN, but database isn't

Thread: Remote Database using DSN, but database isn't

Default Remote Database using DSN, but database isn't

I am trying to connect to the remote Database using DSN. However, the Access database isn&#039t on the IIS server, but it&#039s located on another server(The Access .mdb file is located on another computer than the IIS Server). I tried to map the drive but it gave me the error. But when I move the database into the IIS server, it works fine. I am wondering if I can get away with moving my access database into the IIS server. Please let me know. Thanks.<BR><BR>Here is the error:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open he file &#039(unknown)&#039. It&#039s already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.<BR>/scripts/somefile.asp, line x<BR><BR>My Access database wasn&#039t open. I am running NT. Please help. <BR>Can I use ASP to query the database when the access database isn&#039t located on IIS? Or I have to move the access database into IIS Server? Thanks.

Ben Masters Guest

Default RE: Remote Database using DSN, but database isn�

What kind of DSN are you trying to use? Try using a FILE DSN and make sure that you use the proper UNC path, to point to the database.