Expected Identifier

Thread: Expected Identifier

Default Expected Identifier

Scott,<BR><BR>I need help ASAP, I am just a beginner in website making and there&#039;s many things that I should learn about the said field. At the moment I am creating a website for my fraternity chapter and yes I&#039;m having a hard time with ASP. Well anyway, I was making this guestbook for my website and after finishing creating the first file for it, the "Addguest.html" file where I made my own fields like "name, email, chapter, batchname, batch year, ID no., and last the comments field". The error appeared when I finished making the second file, the "Submit.asp" file. The error reads as the ff: <BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript compilation error &#039;800a03f2&#039;<BR>Expected Identifier<BR>in line 3<BR>Const ForReading = 1, ForWriting = 2, ForAppending = 8<BR><BR>Please Help me Scott I have a deadline to beat this November. I tried making the corrections for the error but it turned out nothing. I will very much appreciate if you can send me your response through my email. Thank you very much and more power to you.<BR><BR><BR>Yours Truly,<BR>Jun Marquez<BR>

Default RE: Expected Identifier

that line looks legal from the documentation. can you provide further context?<BR><BR>(btw docs at http://msdn.micrsoft.com/scripting/ )