My form allows users to upload an excel spreadsheet onto the server. Then I read the data from these spreadsheets & insert them into my access database as an order. Everything is sorta working OK if I reference the Data Source name as: <BR>"Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("excel_file.xls") & ";" & _ (for testing purpose) and SQL string as: str="Select line,name,qty,code,font,item From customer_orders "<BR><BR>However, the real problem is when the customer submits their excel files, I wouldn&#039;t know what the name of the file or the name of the table, so how can I reference it in the Data Source line and the table name in my SQL string (the From clause)? <BR><BR>I can get the filename by: <BR>myfilename=oRs("excelfile") <BR>And myfilename will give me: excel_file.xls <BR>Then can I do this: <BR>"Data Source=" & Server.MapPath(myfilename) & ";" & _ <BR>?? <BR>or can I do this: <BR>"Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("myfilename") & ";" & _ <BR>?? <BR><BR>Here&#039;s my code: <BR><BR>myfilename=oRs("excelfile") <BR><BR>set cn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.connection") <BR>set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") <BR>cn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ <BR> "Data Source=" & Server.MapPath(myfilename) & ";" & _ <BR> "Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes""" <BR><BR>str="Select line,name,qty,code,font,item From customer_orders " <BR>&#039;customer_orders is the table name or range (in excel). What can I do if I don&#039;t know the table name??<BR><BR>rs.Open str, cn