regarding bar code scan in the text field

Thread: regarding bar code scan in the text field

Default regarding bar code scan in the text field

&nbsp;<BR>i put the code below in my asp :<BR>============================================= ============<BR>&#060;body bgcolor=#ffffff onload="document.forma1.vartest.focus();"&#062;<BR >&#060;form name="forma1" method="get" action="test2.asp"&#062;<BR> &#060;input type="text" name="vartest" onChange="this.forma1.vartest.submit();"&#062;<BR> &#060;/form&#062;<BR>==================================== =======================<BR>still cannot work ..<BR>i try to key in the "a" in the text field ,but still need hit the button "enter" form my computer..then i can get the information ...<BR><BR>do you hanve any idea, if i key in "a" in the text field , that it will auto generate all "a" informartion (**without** hit the "enter" from my computer & create 1 submit button in my asp page)<BR>eg:<BR>apple<BR>avon<BR>asus<BR><BR>thank s!<BR>cheers<BR>sam

Default You need to read the scanner docs...

Most scanners can be set so that they *WILL* automatically send an ENTER after the data from the scan.<BR><BR>If you could set your scanner to do that, you should be okay.<BR><BR>***********<BR><BR>But was does this bar code scan have to do with showing all words that start with a given letter???<BR><BR>***********<BR><BR>Yes, we could write JavaScript code that would submit the page as soon as it sees one character in the text field. But are you sure that&#039;s what you want???<BR><BR>Just WHAT is this bar code scanner supposed to be scanning?<BR><BR>