MSXML4 error Not enough storage is available to co

Thread: MSXML4 error Not enough storage is available to co

Default MSXML4 error Not enough storage is available to co

I recieve the error msg and error code below after my site has been using XML for a week or two:<BR><BR>Error Code: -2147024882 <BR>Reason: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.<BR><BR>All my XML pages work fine initially then they all produce the above msg. Even this simple page does the same. My biggest XML file is 20k<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim objXML<BR>Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")<BR><BR>obj XML.validateOnParse=True<BR>objXML.load("d:wwwxmlf ilesetcmenu.xml")<BR><BR>Response.write "Parse Error Number is: " & objXML.parseerror<BR>Response.write "&#060;br /&#062;&#060;br /&#062;Parse Error Reason is: " &<BR>objXML.parseerror.reason<BR><BR>Set objXML = nothing<BR>&#062;<BR><BR>It seems to happen after similar period of time (7 - 10 days). Or quicker if my site gets a higher number of visits. When i start getting the msg after the 7-10 days, it starts intermittently then happens all the time. The only way to get it back to normal is for me to contact my web hosts and they reset the site application etc.<BR>It is like the xml files are builing in memory every time a page is called over this period of time and eventually there are too many and the memory runs out.<BR><BR>Any ideas, this is really annoying as my site uses MSXML4 on the server to parse a XML file to build the navigation menu of my site.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>dp

Default Hmmm

Try using<BR><BR> set oXML = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument")<BR><BR> Isn&#039;t Microsoft.XMLDOM the backward compatibility object<BR> for MSXML 1.0?<BR><BR> I don&#039;t work in classic ASP anymore (C# for the last year<BR> and a half) so I could be wrong about that.<BR>