Command Line Compiler Headache

Thread: Command Line Compiler Headache

Default Command Line Compiler Headache

Hi. I&#039;m very new to ASP.Net, but have spent a fair amount of time with ASP. I&#039;m trying to create a .dll from a vb class file using vbc.exe (the command line compiler provided in the .Net SDK). Problem is it doesn&#039;t seem to work the way the msdn site describes. The only way I have been able to get the vbc executable to even begin working on the vb class file is to place it in the same directory as the source code. And when I do this all of my imports commands generate errors.<BR>Could someone offer an insight or if they have time a step by step walkthrough of getting your first class library to compile?<BR><BR>Any help appreciated.<BR>Thanks,<BR> Traey.<BR>

Default RE: Command Line Compiler Headache

I created a .bat file containing the followings, and then run this batch file to compile the class into its dll.<BR><BR>set InDir=e: est<BR>set OutDir=c:inetpubwwwroot estin<BR><BR>set InFile=%InDir%test.cs<BR>set OutFile=%OutDir% est.dll<BR><BR>set assemblies=System.dll,System.Data.dll,System.Web.d ll<BR><BR>c:windowsmicrosoft.netframeworkv1.1.4322 vbc /t:library /out:%OutFile% %InFile% /r:%assemblies%<BR>