Any ASP guru help me please

Thread: Any ASP guru help me please

Daphne Guest

Default Any ASP guru help me please

I am having some difficulty displaying database records depending on selections (single and/or multiple) made from a select list box. The select box is a double-linked variety and is dynamically populated using Javascript. <BR><BR>Question:<BR>How do I pass the selected option(s) from A.asp page to B.asp page. This B.asp page will display a number of records based on what is selected from the A.asp page.<BR><BR>To make it easier for you to understand what I am talking about, please visit my page showing the select boxes, then perhaps you can point me to a script that will achieve the results I am after. <BR><BR>Thanks a lot for any help<BR>Daphne<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Any ASP guru help me please

Hi Daphne,<BR><BR>When you have the options displayed within the select box, you should also have the id of that option within the &#039value&#039 parameter of the option tag. When you press the submit button you then do a &#039request.form("chineseid")&#039 (on b.asp) to retrieve the value that they selected. I know this works for one value but have not done this when multiple values are selected. Hope this gets you a step closer. See code below:<BR><BR>&#060;SELECT id=select1 name=LetArea&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>do while not rstArea.Eof<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#039here you have the value parameter containing the areaid<BR>&#060;OPTION value="&#060;%=rstArea("Areaid")%&#062;"&#062;&#06 0;%=rstArea("Area")%&#062;&#060;/OPTION&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>rstArea.Movenext<BR>loo p<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;/SELECT&#062;<BR><BR>When this form info gets submitted it is then retrieved within the b.asp by using request.form("LetArea")<BR><BR>Try it & Good luck!!