I am writing some code to define custom roles for an app.<BR><BR>If the user authenticates correctly and then fails the authorization is it possible to pass an error message back to the Login page. I am trying to do something like "Unauthorized Access" in a label or something.<BR><BR>I am just trying to inform the user they may have logged in correctly but they don&#039;t have access to the system. With out a message they just get the blank login page again.<BR><BR>Below is the code I am using in Global.asax to assign the role and the web.configwith the role authorization stuff.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve tried to write something into session and I have tried to write to the query string but both fail due to read only errors.<BR><BR>Anyone have any ideas???<BR><BR>Global.asax<BR>Sub Application_AuthenticateRequest(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)<BR> Dim strRoles() As String<BR> Dim arrRoles As New ArrayList()<BR> If Request.IsAuthenticated() Then<BR> Dim objIdentity As GenericIdentity = New GenericIdentity(Context.User.Identity.Name)<BR> If UCase(Context.User.Identity.Name) = "me" Then<BR> arrRoles.Add("SysAdmin")<BR> Else<BR> arrRoles.Add("testPub")<BR> End If<BR> strRoles = arrRoles.ToArray(GetType(String))<BR> Context.User = New GenericPrincipal(objIdentity, strRoles)<BR> End If<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>Web.Config<BR><BR>&#060;authorization&# 062;<BR> &#060;allow roles="SysAdmin" /&#062;<BR> &#060;deny users="*" /&#062;<BR>&#060;/authorization&#062;