Jmail Help Pls..

Thread: Jmail Help Pls..

nath Guest

Default Jmail Help Pls..

I want to use JMail to send Emails form ASP page.<BR><BR>the following is the code I am using.<BR><BR>Code:<BR>&#060;%<BR>set JMail = Server.Createobject("Jmail.SMTPMail")<BR>JMail.ser veraddress = "sree:25" <BR><BR>&#039sree is the name of the SMTP Mail server. Am I correct.<BR><BR>JMail.sender = ""<BR>JMail.AddRecipient(" ")<BR>&#039Addrecipient is nothing but TO address. Correct?<BR><BR>JMail.body "test mail"<BR>JMail.execute &#039Error occurs here<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR>Error:<BR>The message was undelivered. All servers failed to receive the message.

Default RE: Jmail Help Pls..

Here&#039s a script I put together to work out JMAIL usage. I see that we differ on the JMail.Serveraddress. My personal email is via COX AT HOME, so my server address is "". I think the port number of 25 is default, but expressing it doesn&#039t hurt. This script appends a copy of itself to the body of the message (not an attachment) just so I could see what version of the script was running when I was testing.<BR><BR>I think you need to get past the mailserver part, though.<BR><BR>Good Luck, BillP<BR><BR><BR>&#060;%Option Explicit%&#062;<BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#060;head& #062;<BR>&#060;title&#062;Confirmation &#060;/title&#062;<BR>&#060;body&#062; <BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim Jmail<BR>Set JMail = Server.CreateObject("JMail.SMTPMail")<BR>&#039<BR> JMail.Logging = true<BR>JMail.ServerAddress = "mail.????.com"<BR>JMail.Sender = "webmaster@????.com" <BR>JMail.Subject = "Here you go..."<BR>JMail.AddRecipient "JFontanella@????.com"<BR>JMail.Body = "Here you go. Your request has been approved" & vbcrlf <BR>JMail.Priority = 1<BR>JMail.LogCustomMessage( "Custom message 1 to JMail Log" & "<BR>" )<BR>&#039<BR>&#039 Use this response write stuff just to show some status on the screen<BR>Response.Write(Jmail.Silent) & "<BR>"<BR>Response.Write(Jmail.Logging) & "<BR>"<BR>Response.Write(Jmail.ServerAddress) & "<BR>" <BR>Response.Write(Jmail.Sender) & "<BR>" <BR>Response.Write(Jmail.Subject) & "<BR>" <BR>Response.Write(Jmail.Recipients) & "<BR>" <BR>Response.Write(Jmail.Log) & "<BR>" <BR>&#039<BR>JMail.AppendBodyFromFile("D:???.???.? ??.???cgi-binjmail_sample.asp")<BR>&#039<BR>JMail.LogCustomM essage( "Custom message 2 to JMail Log" & vbcrlf )<BR>&#039<BR>Response.Write(Jmail.Log) & "<BR>" <BR>&#039<BR>IF NOT JMail.execute THEN<BR> Response.Write( "ERROR MESSAGE: " & JMail.ErrorMessage & "<BR>" & vbcrlf )<BR> Response.Write( "ERROR SOURCE: " & JMail.ErrorSource & "<BR>" & vbcrlf )<BR> Response.Write( "LOG: &#060;pre&#062;" & JMail.Log & "&#060;/pre&#062;" & vbcrlf )<BR>ELSE<BR> Response.Write( "v1.5 Email sent successfully!" )<BR>END IF<BR><BR>Response.Write("&#060;pre&#062;" & Jmail.Log & "&#060;/pre&#062;" )<BR>JMail.Close()<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR>

MSEH Guest

Default RE: Jmail Help Pls..

the previous reply had some good code for capturing the error message. i use a different email sender utility (persits) and until about 4 days ago, it worked great - now I get 550: relay prohibited - this is due to the exchnage server administrator set block to keep out spammers and maybe viruses - since they implemented it right after I LOVE YOU incident. Persits said I may be able to continue to use the utility if i contact exch admin and request password for use.<BR><BR>So if 550 is your error message, this would be the answer.