Full text search in MS SQL

Thread: Full text search in MS SQL

Default Full text search in MS SQL

In my full text search I also get back a ranking.<BR>set rs = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>SQL = "SELECT FT_TBL.ISContentID, FT_TBL.ISSiteMenuID, FT_TBL.Detail, KEY_TBL.RANK FROM ISContent AS FT_TBL INNER JOIN CONTAINSTABLE(ISContent, Detail,&#039;ISABOUT ("& Keywords &")&#039;) AS KEY_TBL ON FT_TBL.ISContentID = KEY_TBL.[KEY] ORDER BY KEY_TBL.RANK DESC"<BR>rs.Open SQL,db,3,1<BR><BR>Can anybody tell me how theranking of MS SQL full text search works.<BR>Thanks in advance.

Default You really should read the BOL

Fo SQL Server BOL is very good. Why not download it to your local machine?<BR>http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp<BR><BR>The table produced by CONTAINSTABLE includes a column named RANK. The RANK column is a value (between 0 and 1000) for each row indicating how well a row matched the selection criteria. This rank value is typically used in one of these ways in the SELECT statement: <BR><BR>In the ORDER BY clause to return the highest-ranking rows as the first rows in the table. <BR>In the select list to see the rank value assigned to each row. <BR>In the WHERE clause to filter out rows with low rank values. <BR>