Problems printing with some characters when genera

Thread: Problems printing with some characters when genera

Default Problems printing with some characters when genera

Hi everyone, <BR><BR>We&#039;ve got a Sharp AR-275 Laser copier. Our company generates alot of mass correspondence which is the reason we bought it in the first place. However we are now having problems when we print large word document jobs. <BR><BR>The printer seems to overlap certain characters of the alphabet and also ignore spacing sometimes. I&#039;m generating the letters using the asp code &#060;% Response.ContentType = "application/msword" %&#062; at the top of the web document which makes it open in Internet Explorer as a word document. However the rest of the code is all HTML. As I said this works fines on our other laser printers and is only a problem with this Sharp Laser Copier. <BR><BR>I&#039;ve upgraded the driver to the latest version, but this has had no effect. The printer is setup on a network with a 10/100 connection. <BR><BR>I&#039;ve attached an image to this post showing the problem. Hopefully someone can shed some light on why this is happening and what I can do to combat it.<BR><BR>&#060;img src=""&#062;<BR><BR>It must be noted that we have other Brother Laser printers in the office and when we print on these the letters are fine, no problems at all. The problem only occurs on this Sharp AR-275 PCL5e laser copier. The printer has 224mb ram installed also and we are printing from workstations running Windows 2000/XP Professional with IE6 and Word 2002 (XP). <BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR><BR>James

Default I don't think this has anything to do...

...with your ASP code. I think you may be better off checking out Sharp&#039;s support website or a hardware support discussion forum.<BR><BR>Only this much advice/ideas here: Does it print fine if you open a Word document through Word (rather than your web browser) and print it from there? If not, then it&#039;s definitely a printer problem and not your ASP code. If it does print fine, make sure you&#039;re using the same fonts on both. It may be that the printer doesn&#039;t like the fonts.<BR><BR>Oliver.