I&#039m trying to insert a date into an Oracle 7 database using asp/vbscript. I assign a date to a variable with the following:<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim pub_date<BR>pub_date = cdate("1/1/2000")<BR>%&#062;<BR>Then I construct a sql statement with the following:<BR>&#060;%<BR>sql = "UPDATE LC_OWNER.STUDY_MATERIAL SET STUDY_MAT_PUB_DT = " & pub_date & " WHERE STUDY_MAT_ID = &#039 1&#039;"<BR>%&#062;<BR>and I set up the connection to the database with the following:<BR>&#060;%<BR>Set smConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>smConn. Open "DSN=lrc;uid=noelle;password=noelle"<BR>smConn.Exe cute(sql)<BR>smConn.Close<BR>set SmConn = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I&#039m getting the following error message:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e14&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-00911: invalid character <BR><BR>/lrc/test.asp, line 15 <BR>Am I formating the date incorrectly? Can you tell me what the correct way to enter a value into a date field in Oracle is and what the error message means?