I have set up a very simple site tracker.<BR><BR>Each page runs the following code, to insert basic details into a MySQL database.<BR><BR>[code language="VBScript"]<BR>ref = request.servervariables("HTTP_REFERER")<BR>str = request.servervariables("SCRIPT_NAME") & "?" & request.servervariables("QUERY_STRING")<BR>ip = request.servervariables("REMOTE_ADDR")<BR>agt = request.servervariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")<BR>sql = "INSERT INTO _tracker (fldurl, fldref, fldip, fldagent, flddate) VALUES (&#039;"&str&"&#039;,&#039;"&ref&"&#039;,&#039;"&i p&"&#039;,&#039;"&agt&"&#039;,now())"<BR>set iRS = oConn.Execute(sql)<BR>set iRS = nothing<BR>[/code]<BR><BR>I was using the IP address as the unique field here, so that I could run off a list of pages each person visits.<BR><BR>However the problem is that I can look at any number of IP addresses and see that they visited the site at say, 11am, 3pm and 7pm.<BR><BR>It could be the case that the same person is coming back 3 times, but also it is likely that with ISPs having a pool of IP addresses, that the IP address I am looking at has been used by 3 people.<BR><BR>Do people know if there is another piece of info I could use to separate out the 3 IP addresses, in order to differentiate them? I&#039;m also adding in to the databse the HTTP_USER_AGENT but this won&#039;t be foolproof as a way to split the same IP address up into possibly 3 different users as a lot of people have the same browsers / OS.<BR><BR>Some site trackers are able to list the domain a person is visiting from - am I able to get this information using ASP? <BR><BR>I have had a good trawl through the standard server variables list - where you loop through to see all the variables using &#039;for each sv in request.servervariables&#039;. <BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Jim