Problem with web.config

Thread: Problem with web.config

Default Problem with web.config

I have set up an ASP.NET project that connects to a database. It works on my own server but when I uploaded it on my site&#039;s server, I get error messages in the web.config file saying: <BR>Configuration Error <BR>Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. <BR><BR>Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition=&#039;MachineToApplication&#039; beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.<BR>Source Error: <BR>Line 23: "Forms", "Passport" and "None"<BR>Line 24: --&#062;<BR>Line 25: &#060;authentication mode="Windows" /&#062; <BR><BR>Please, can anybody help me? I am new to ASP.NET and maybe my question is very basic but please help!!!<BR>Thanks,<BR>Foulad<BR><BR>

Default RE: Problem with web.config

First thing to try is opening the IIS Manager console and make sure that the project is marked as an application.