Form help

Thread: Form help

Default Form help

I&#039;ve got a form built in FP 2002, results are emailed to <BR>my info mailbox. Everything is working fine. What I want <BR>to do is auto respond to the email address the user enters <BR>in the form when they hit submit. To make it more <BR>complicated I also have two options in the form. I&#039;d like <BR>to auto respond with text A if they pick option A in the <BR>form or text B if they pick option B. I&#039;m sure I&#039;ll have to convert this into an ASP. I&#039;m really green on this kind of stuff so please talk to me like I&#039;m two.<BR><BR>TIA<BR>.<BR><BR>

Default In the top right corner of THIS page... on "ASPFAQs".<BR><BR>Then, in the list of categories you will get, click on "EMAIL".<BR><BR>Start reading.<BR><BR>As for the text you will send, start with something like this in your form:<BR><BR>&#060;INPUT Type=Radio Name="choice" Value="A"&#062; first choice<BR>&#060;INPUT Type=Radio Name="choice" Value="B"&#062; other choice<BR><BR>Then in the ASP code you simply do:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>If Request("choice") = "A" Then<BR> msg = "The text of message 1 ....."<BR>Else<BR> msg = "whatever for msg 2 ..."<BR>End If<BR><BR>... and later in the page ...<BR><BR>myEmailObject.Body = msg<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>