include file which returns a Dynamic Table

Thread: include file which returns a Dynamic Table

Default include file which returns a Dynamic Table

Hi, i am developing in ASP. I have two pages, 1)Is a Form that submits 3 variables, MemberID, StartDate and EndDate. <BR>The Second ASP takes these variables and returns a recordset and produces a Dynamic Table. <BR>Instead of going to the second page to view the results, i would like to include the page results in the 1st page form. <BR>My results work fine when going to the second page, when i try and use the include method like so on the first, the page does&#039;nt work. <BR>&#060;td width="50%" height="23"&#062; <BR> &#060;!--#include file="profilerProductMix.asp"--&#062; <BR>&#060;/td&#062; <BR>I believe this is because when the 1st page is displayed for the first time there is no result yet as i have not submitted any variables to it. <BR>My Form Action for the first page is; <BR>&#060;form name="formProfile" action="profilerProcessMix.asp"&#062; <BR>Can i use the include function to return the dynamic results of the second page within the 1st page on submitting?

Default ASPFAQs, category The Nature Of Things

Look there for the limitations of #include.<BR><BR>They&#039;re pretty severe.<BR><BR>Can I ask why you are bothering with trying to use a #include??<BR><BR>Unless you are going to use that set of ASP code again on some other page, there&#039;s really no point in it. Just drop it inline into the first page and be happy.<BR><BR>Anyway, *IF* you understand the limitation of #include--especially if you realize that the code will be dropped into your page NO MATTER WHAT--you can probably use this code in this way.<BR><BR>You just need something like:<BR><BR>&#060;INPUT Type=Hidden Name="showTable" Value="YOWZER!"&#062;<BR><BR>and then you do<BR><BR>&#060;td width="50%" height="23"&#062; <BR>&#060;% If Request("showTable") = "YOWZER!" Then %&#062;<BR> &#060;!--#include file="profilerProductMix.asp"--&#062; <BR>&#060;% End If %&#062;<BR>&#060;/td&#062; <BR><BR>But, again, remember that you can accomplish identically the same thing by simply copy/pasting the code from profilerProductMix.asp right in place in the page.<BR><BR>************<BR><BR>How come you set the height of the &#060;TD&#062; to only 23 and then drop an entire &#060;TABLE&#062; into it????<BR><BR>