!--#include file

Thread: !--#include file

Default !--#include file

Hi, i am developing in ASP. I have two pages, 1)Is a Form that submits 3 variables, MemberID, StartDate and EndDate.<BR>The Second ASP takes these variables and returns a recordset and produces a Dynamic Table.<BR>Instead of going to the second page to view the results, i would like to include the page results in the 1st page form.<BR>My results work fine when going to the second page, when i try and use the include method like so on the first, the page does&#039;nt work.<BR>&#060;td width="50%" height="23"&#062;<BR> &#060;!--#include file="profilerProductMix.asp"--&#062;<BR>&#060;/td&#062;<BR>I believe this is because when the 1st page is displayed for the first time there is no result yet as i have not submitted any variables to it.<BR>My Form Action for the first page is;<BR>&#060;form name="formProfile" action="profilerProcessMix.asp"&#062;<BR>Can i use the include function to return the dynamic results of the second page within the 1st page on submitting?

Default You have two problems here...

... The first one is that your second page will have all the &#060;HTML&#062;, &#060;HEAD&#062; and &#060;BODY&#062; tags which are required for a standard HTML page. You don&#039;t want these if you include the page into another one. Although most browsers will still render the page properly, it&#039;s NOT compliant with HTML standards and some browsers may fail to display the page.<BR><BR>Secondly, you&#039;re obviously doing something wrong when displaying the results and probably aren&#039;t checking if the resulting recordset is empty or not. Without knowing the actual error message, this is hard to tell.<BR><BR>In theory you should be able to change your &#060;FORM&#062; action to point to the first page and then use an &#060;!--#include&#062; tag to include the second page - after you have removed the surplus tags and corrected your code to check for an empty recordset.<BR><BR>Show us the error messages and the RELEVANT code and we might be able to help.<BR><BR>Oliver.