Search Engine Visibility

Thread: Search Engine Visibility

Default Search Engine Visibility

Hi,<BR><BR>I have a database driven e-commerce web site which is completely contained within a Flash movie. <BR><BR>Unsurprisingly, the database contents are completely invisible to search engines.<BR><BR>My plan is to have a button in the admin section which generates a set of HTML pages which contain the contents of the database and then, on each of these pages, have a link to the Flash site so that you can buy the product that you might be viewing.<BR><BR>In order for these pages to be visible to search engines and thus listed in their results sets, do I just need to make sure that every page links directly or indirectly from the site&#039;s default page be it default.htlm or index.html or whatever?<BR><BR>Does anyone know if this scheme will achieve the desired result?<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR><BR>I.

Default RE: Search Engine Visibility

Maybe,<BR><BR>Why not take some of the data, like model name etc. and put it in a dynamically created META TAG on the top of the real pages. Google will find this. <BR><BR>Also, maybe email google and ask them your question. They are very responsive.<BR><BR>Paul