session timeouts...whats the best approach?

Thread: session timeouts...whats the best approach?

Default session timeouts...whats the best approach?

Just wanting to know what the best approach is to look for session timeouts within a web based app. Many of my conditional statements run comparisons against session variables. Whats the best way to catch session timeouts and redirect users to a "Sorry your session has timed out"...<BR><BR>At the moment im simply doing this...<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>if session("event_title") = "" then<BR>response.redirect .....<BR>end if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Is there a more efficient way of handling this?<BR><BR>ALSO...<BR>Id like to know what the most efficient way of clearing ALL of the session variables i have stored once the insertion to the database is carried out...Do I have to go through each one and clear them like so? session("whatever") = ""<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>John

Default ..I have just noted the session.abondon method, ho

..this is probably not an option, as this kills the user session as well. Users would then have to &#039;log back in&#039;. Not really what I want at all.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>John

Default ....anyone?

Default RE: ....anyone?

Well. You can use Session.Contents.RemoveAll().<BR><BR>That way you can save the session variables you need (the login information) in local variables, remove its contents, then re-assign.<BR><BR>Craig.

Default thanks

...Ill give it a try.<BR><BR>John