question about retreiving value from form

Thread: question about retreiving value from form

Default question about retreiving value from form

&#060;input name="Papers" type="file" size="50"&#062;<BR> &#060;input tye="hidden" name = "res" value="&#060;%=request.form("resume")=%&#062;"&#06 2;<BR><BR>Hi, my question is that is this possible to get the value from a type file using this hidden value. I am doing this because on my next form when this form is submitted, I am not able to find the correct path when i convert it to Set upl = Server.CreateObject("SoftArtisans.FileUp"). It keeps giving me the path name in a .tmp extension when i do a Res= upl.Form("Papers") to see if the file uploaded is a certain extension that i wanted or not.

Default I think you are using it wrong...

I think FileUp has a means to get the original file name.<BR><BR>But, yes, I also think you could do something like this, though certainly not the way you show it.<BR><BR>What you could do is something like this:<BR><BR>&#060;FORM ... onSubmit="this.res.value=this.Papers.value; return true;"&#062;<BR>&#060;input name="Papers" type="file" size="50"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name = "res"&#062;<BR>...<BR>&#060;/FORM&#062;<BR><BR>UNTESTED.<BR><BR>