Connect to dbase on other server.

Thread: Connect to dbase on other server.

Default Connect to dbase on other server.

hi all,<BR><BR>hope someone can help...<BR><BR>I have a connect_db.asp file which looks like this:<BR><BR>++++++++++++++++++++++++++<BR>Dim ConString<BR><BR>ConString = "PROVIDER=MICROSOFT.JET.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=http://www.filmstore.nldatabasewebsite.mdb;JET OLEDB:Database <BR><BR>Password=&#060;&#060;mypassword&#062;&#062 ;"<BR>++++++++++++++++++++++++++<BR><BR>I want to use this &#039;hardcoded&#039; path to that dbase, because the dbase is on another server. I guess this should be possible <BR><BR>right?<BR>Now, in my asp file, when I try to set a connection, I receive an error. I&#039;m trying to connect with this:<BR><BR><BR>++++++++++++++++++++++++++<BR>set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Conn.Op en ConString<BR>++++++++++++++++++++++++++<BR><BR><BR >and the error is:<BR><BR>++++++++++++++++++++++++++<BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)<BR>Not a valid file name.<BR>++++++++++++++++++++++++++<BR><BR>which occurs ofcourse when I try to make a connection.<BR>Does someone know what could be wrong in my logic?<BR><BR>cheers, Joost<BR><BR>

Default RE: Connect to dbase on other server.

While it is posible to use access over HTTP, I wouldn&#039;t recommend it. it&#039;s not designed for this type of access, and you&#039;ll find it slow and unreliable.<BR><BR>if you MUST go ahead with it, see - there&#039;s a note on how this is done<BR><BR>j<BR>