keeping track of cookies andusing this info to ins

Thread: keeping track of cookies andusing this info to ins

Default keeping track of cookies andusing this info to ins

I am new to ASP coding and am so lost right now it is not even funny. I also have a dead line tomorrow at noon. O.K here it is,<BR>We have a banner at an advert. site call IN2.COM, so when a customer comes from that site to ours, I have to get ther in2id and shooping info then insert it into and sql database if they buy anything . I do not know how to start coding this or even testing it after am done with coding.<BR>Please help, anybody... <BR><BR>my e-mail addr is

2. #2 Guest

Default RE: keeping track of cookies andusing this info to

This does not necessarily use cookies. I assume that the the banner has a link of the form ""<BR><BR>You need to setup connection to your db:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>set Conn=server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Co nn.Open "Your connection string"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Then open a recordset to the table<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>set rs=server.createobject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>rs.op en "Select * from Cust where in2id=" & request.QueryString("In2Id"), Conn, 2,3,1<BR>%&#062;<BR>Then add the data for that customer<BR>&#060;%<BR>if rs.eof and rs.bof then rs.adnew &#039 create a new rec if id not found<BR>rs("In2Id")=request.QueryString("In2Id")< BR>rs.update<BR>rs.close<BR>set rs=nothing<BR>conn.close<BR>set conn=nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR>You will need to add any other fields before you do rs.update.