block link html-code from being displayed when cli

Thread: block link html-code from being displayed when cli

Default block link html-code from being displayed when cli

hi, pls email me how can i block html code from being displayed in the URL area when a customer clicks on a link.<BR><BR>scenario: i have item-names on a page and the description, qty. available and image details for the item are stored in another web site (of the manufacturer or distributor). when a visitor clicks on the item name (the asp code gets activited and i want a window or link to open without the user being able to see the other website&#039;s url while connected/getting the description or mage etc. thanks. <BR>

Default window.status might work

Not sure if all you want to do is make it so people do not want to see your query string or not. The window.status thing was all the rage a few years back. This may do the trick.<BR><BR>&#060;a href="#" onMouseOver="window.status=&#039;Just My Junk&#039;; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=&#039;&#039;; return true"&#062;Just My Junk&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>If it is for another "redirect page" where your info will be seen then a frame set will work, but not recommended.<BR><BR>Paul