SQL Server DNSless connection

Thread: SQL Server DNSless connection

Default SQL Server DNSless connection

I have create DNSless code to my Access Database, now I am converting to SQL Server 7.0 as my Intranet has grown, how should this change?<BR><BR>Here is the connection to Access<BR><BR>Set DataConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>DataCon nection.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & DatabasePath & ";"<BR><BR>Here is the OLE DB init string<BR><BR>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=TEST;Data Source=TEST2<BR><BR>any help is appreciated.

Dave2000 Guest

Default RE: SQL Server DNSless connection

All you should really need to do is this:<BR><BR>myRS.Open "DRIVER=SQL SERVER;UID=yourid;PWD=yourpass;SERVER=servername;D ATABASE=yourdb"<BR><BR>Make sure SERVER refers to the actual computer name of ther server not the IP.

Default RE: SQL Server DNSless connection

Tim<BR><BR>Try this url it points to dsnless connection paper at microsoft:<BR><BR>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q193/3/32.asp<BR><BR>Good Luck<BR>mailto:gary@mennies.com<BR><BR>PS The what your looking for is about 1/3 of the way down the page.