How can I?

Thread: How can I?

Default How can I?

I have several forms that users have to fill data into. So if you can imagine that form 1(form1.asp) requests their name, the second(form2.asp) requests their address, etc. Now if they wish they can go back to a previous form to change certain values e.g. a typo in their name. Now what I wish to overcome is that since they may already filled in their address in form2.asp, I do not want after they re-submit form1.asp by hitting the "Proceed to next form "button to clear all the data they entered into form2.asp. How do I do this? What&#039;s the best way?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Default I'm 90% sure you asked this before

Use Session variables to hold all form values.<BR><BR>Every time you submit, the receiving page does:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>For Each fld In Reques.Form<BR> Session(fld) = Request.Form(fld)<BR>Next<BR>%&#062;<BR>and every time you display a form field, you simply do:<BR><BR>&#060;INPUT Name="foo" Value="&#060;%=Session("foo")%&#062;" &#062;<BR><BR>If there&#039;s no value in the session variables for that field yet, no harm is done.<BR><BR><BR>