Cannot open any more tables

Thread: Cannot open any more tables

Default Cannot open any more tables

Ok, I&#039;ve got several loops that open, close, and reopen a lot of tables. The process is pretty complicated but I finally got it working.<BR><BR>I found out the code breaks if I have too much data because I&#039;ll get the error &#039;Cannot open any more tables&#039;.<BR><BR>I&#039;m confused because I thought if I closed the recordset object and set it equal to nothing that that would reset my tables open limit. I&#039;ve tried to close the object wherever possible but I still get the error.<BR><BR>How can I work around this? Sometimes, you have to open a lot of tables. ****, I hate ASP sometimes.

Default RE: Cannot open any more tables

&#062; I&#039;m confused because I thought if I closed the recordset object and set it equal to nothing that that would reset my tables open limit<BR><BR>nope, it just allows the garbage collector to do a better job when it runs, it doesn&#039;t immediately free everything up.<BR><BR>&#062; Sometimes, you have to open a lot of tables.<BR><BR>when? what does this code achieve exactly?