Using Exchange for primary SMTP for asp e-mail

Thread: Using Exchange for primary SMTP for asp e-mail

Default Using Exchange for primary SMTP for asp e-mail

Our company has just started and intranet. I am looking for a way to use CDONTS to send e-mail notifications through our web server(asp page e-mail) using our primary e-mail(using exchange 5.5 located on another domain). I have setup the smtp service on our web service and it is up and running. However, when the e-mail notification is sent using cdonts it ends up in the bad mail folder. I am using our exchange servers IP in the smart host field such as [ My network administrator says his exchange server won&#039;t accpet the e-mail from server because of the way it is being sent from the web server. In the bad e-mail notification it say from . He says it must be Any ideas, I have looked at many items relating to this and have come up empty. I followed the setup for smtp that ms has, but it seems I am missing a setting. Any help is most appreciated. I have added my code that is in my asp page.<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim objCDO<BR>Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>&#060;% <BR>objCDO.To = ""<BR>objCDO.From = ""<BR>objCDO.bcc = "" &#039;Blind cc<BR>objCDO.Subject = "My Resume, per Request"<BR>objCDO.Body = "Hello John. Here is a copy of my resume"<BR>objCDO.Importance = 2 &#039;High importance!<BR>&#039;objCDO.AttachFile "\serverjane
    esume.doc","Resume.doc"<BR>objCDO.Send &#039;Send off the email!<BR><BR>&#039;Cleanup<BR>Set objCDO = Nothing<BR>%&#062;

Default RE: Using Exchange for primary SMTP for asp e-mail

CDONTS is a very basic little component. maybe you should look at a different one, such as CDOSYS