Dynamic Listboxes Question

Thread: Dynamic Listboxes Question

Default Dynamic Listboxes Question

I&#039m working with a MS Access database and I want to use 2 dynamic listboxes to get info from the database. The first listbox will have a selection of either student or teacher. From here the next listbox will have a list of states. Depending on the student or teacher selection, the states will change. (Not every state has a program for either of these two choices.) From what I have seen on the web, most solutions for this involve frames. Does anyone know of a way to do this without frames? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Are there any articles out there? Any help would be much apprectiated.<BR><BR>Thanks, Chris

Franco Guest

Default RE: Dynamic Listboxes Question

One alternative to frames is Remote Scripting using Page Objects. If it works, the page runs off to another ASP page, runs the script there and comes back to where it left off. Haven&#039t got it to work yet but that&#039s the theory.<BR><BR>The usual alternative to frames to solve your problem is a re-entrant page where after the listbox value is chosen the page is refreshed but with a filter to indicate the listbox value.<BR><BR>Good luck<BR><BR>Franco<BR>lokidude@hotmail.com