dropdown list

Thread: dropdown list

Default dropdown list

Hello All,<BR><BR>I am designing a asp page that has two dropdown lists. When one is clicked the other one has to be populated according to q query associated with the first one... Specifically here is my question: I am trying to use the following javascript so that when the siteList is selected, the siteID will be passed to the query and then the second dropdown will be populated by the query result... The javascript will be triggered by the onChange in the first dropdown.<BR><BR>function site_change(){<BR> siteID = document.frm_site.siteList;<BR> document.write "set objrs=server.createobjet(&#039;adodb.recordset&#03 9;)";<BR> document.write "SQL = &#039;select staff_ID, staff_lastname + &#039;, &#039; + staff_firstname as staff_name from HFF_Project_Staff where staff_contract_refid = "& SiteID &" ORDER BY staff_name&#039; ";<BR> document.write "objrs.open SQL, objconn,3,3";<BR><BR>}<BR><BR>I kown it doesn&#039;t work at all. could you give me some hints to make it work for this situation? Thanks...<BR>

Los Angeles, CA

Default Think there is an FAQ on this one

otherwise check learnasp.com<BR><BR><BR>