dates and Access

Thread: dates and Access

Default dates and Access

hi :-)<BR><BR>i have a Question and i will post my code<BR>:<BR><BR>d = FormatDateTime(Date, 2) <BR><BR>Sqli = "Insert into stat (BID,Cust,IP,Clicks,Date) Values ("&Bid&","&Cons&",&#039"&ip&"&#039,1,#"&d&"#) "<BR><BR>what i am getting is:<BR><BR>Insert into stat (BID,Cust,IP,Clicks,Date) Values (3,1,&#039,1,#03/29/2000#) <BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e14&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement. <BR><BR>/cgi-bin/links.asp, line 33 <BR><BR>i changed the settings in the control panel to /english US and the date to <BR>mm/dd/yyyy for short date <BR><BR>and the funny part is when i open the field date in "Design View" i see its format as "short date" and the same format as in the control panel ....<BR><BR><BR>but still the same **** error !!!<BR><BR><BR>I am out of ideas ? any suggestions plz ..<BR>

Default RE: dates and Access

Try using single quotes around the date. I have always used the format &#03903/20/00&#039 and have been successful adding records.<BR><BR>jz