IIS 5.0 Upload Limit

Thread: IIS 5.0 Upload Limit

Default IIS 5.0 Upload Limit

I have an an asp page that uploads files using AspSimpleUpload. This page has worked great for months to upload PDF&#039;s, Images, or other files. However, all of these files have been under 1 MB. I have discovered recently, that if I try to upload a file bigger than 1 MB, the site locks up and the upload never completes.<BR><BR>This should not be a speed issue because the server is on my local network.<BR><BR>I thought I read once that IIS has a 1 MB post limit by default. I don&#039;t know if that is correct, but if so, how can I make it larger?

Default RE: IIS 5.0 Upload Limit

I don&#039;t remeber any 1Mb limit by default. I certainly upload &#062; 1Mb files to my IIS boxes and have few problems. If it IS configured to have a llimit, then it could be an IISLockdown issue, and the setting would be stored in the metabase, accessible with MetaEdit.<BR><BR>However more commonly the issue is caused by proxy servers. check you haven&#039;t got one enabled, as it could be the thing that&#039;s doing the blocking - this is common on a couple of my sites, we get people whining about it so I have to go switch off their proxies and make a note to switch it back on later.<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/