Want Enter key to fire function

Thread: Want Enter key to fire function

Default Want Enter key to fire function

I have a modal dialog window that only displays a select. User clicks on desired element in list and it fires function which returns the value to the parent page. I would like the same thing to happen if the user "arrows" down and hits ENTER on the desired element.. but alas my paltry coding skills are not enough

Default well, you could consider...

using the OnKeyUp event to test for the pressed key&#039;s Unicode. I&#039;ve never used this so I don&#039;t know if it&#039;s universally supported, or whether it always returns the same results.<BR><BR>I think the code for Enter is 13. So you could do this function in the head tag:<BR><BR>&#060;script type="text/javascript"&#062;<BR>function enterPressed()<BR>{<BR>if (event.keyCode == "13")<BR>{*** test for what&#039;s selected in your select box ****;<BR>****** fire your function here *****<BR>}<BR>}<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Then wherever you need to do this, just do <BR><BR>onKeyUp = "enterPressed()"<BR><BR>Trouble with this is that I&#039;ve never used this, or indeed had cause to use OnKeyUp. So this might be bollocks.