Do me a favor with an oracle DB

Thread: Do me a favor with an oracle DB

Default Do me a favor with an oracle DB

I posted a very involved problem with selecting a LONG data type from an Oracle table several days ago(approx July 15) without success. Rather than repeat the problem, I would like to find one volunteer who has access(pardon the pun) to an Oracle DataBase to try SELECTing a column that is defined as LONG(not LONG raw) and displaying it. Just use Response.Write. It doesn&#039t need to be fancy. If you get the Data in the column, please respond back to me with the exact code that you used to create and open the connection and record set and what the select looks like. If you don&#039t get the data please let me know that also.<BR> When I say exact coding, you can disguise the table and column name if you like.<BR> If I am really lucky, I will find someone who is using the Oracle Order Entry Application and can try Selecting the cancel_comment column from the so_order_cancellations Table, but I would settle for any LONG type from any Table.<BR> I would really appreciate it. I am trying to find out if I am crazy.<BR>

Default RE: Do me a favor with an oracle DB

I think you&#039ll have much better luck with this request by posting it on the Oracle ListServ available through ASPLists.com<BR><BR>http://www.asplists.com/asplists/asporacle.asp<BR><BR>Good luck! :)

Default RE: Do me a favor with an oracle DB

I have done that and do have one person trying to help me, I just thought I might cast out as far as possible.<BR> Thanks for the suggestion.<BR> bruce<BR><BR>