80004005 error, trying to safe-guard db

Thread: 80004005 error, trying to safe-guard db

Default 80004005 error, trying to safe-guard db

i&#039;d like to put my database in a non-public folder, so i read this faq page for advice:<BR>http://www.aspfaqs.com/aspfaqs/ShowFAQ.asp?FAQID=166<BR><BR>i&#039;m not running my own web server, so i tried the second suggestion. my public folder is "wwwroot" and i created a "db" folder to put my database "ldcdb.mdb" in. my current connection string is:<BR>strConnectString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & Replace(Server.MapPath("/"), "wwwroot", "db") & "/ldcdb.mdb"<BR><BR>when i run a page that worked previous to this edit, i get the following error:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039;<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key &#039;Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0xb14 Thread 0x914 DBC 0x2852024 Jet&#039;.<BR><BR><BR>if someone can point out what i messed up i&#039;d appreciate it.

Default RE: DeBug

Add in 1 line to debug.<BR><BR>strConnectString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & Replace(Server.MapPath("/"), "wwwroot", "db") & "/ldcdb.mdb"<BR><BR>Response.Write "My Connection String is, " & strConnectString<BR><BR>This will write out to page what your connection string actually looks like.<BR>If you still dont spot a problem looking at it<BR>Copy and Paste the string back here, [As displayed on your page]<BR><BR>