Please help !!!

Thread: Please help !!!

Goutam Guest

Default Please help !!!

Recently I have uploaded one site which use Access database and I have used dsn-less connection for that. The connection string worked fine in my pws, but after uploading to the server,I am getting an error which I could not understand. The error I am getting is :<BR><BR>"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR> Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Not a valid file name."<BR><BR>I have used the connection string like this:<BR><BR>connectme="DBQ=D:FTPmyusernameDatabas emydatabase.mdb;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;"<BR><BR>I have verified that the .mdb file exist in this path. I have no idea why this is coming. Please help me out!!<BR>Thanks<BR>Goutam<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: Please help !!!

Do you know if the web server that you uploaded you database to supports Microsoft Access? Do you know if there are any other .mdb&#039s running on this web server?<BR><BR>I.E. if it is a Linux, Apache or Netscape Enterprise Server, they may not support .mdb&#039s.<BR><BR>The only thing that I am sure support&#039s .mdb&#039s is an IIS web server and possibly Oracle. <BR><BR>So it may be an ISP/Hosting server thing. Also make sure that your ISP/Hosting service supports active server pages.<BR><BR>I would certainly like to help you more. Please provide hardware information.<BR><BR>Respectfully,<BR><BR>Jason Buck<BR>

Goutam Guest

Thanks for the prompt reply. <BR>This is an IIS server, so it should supports Access, and I am running other ASP scripts here, so that is certainly not a problem. <BR>Everything looks ok, the .mdb file exist there, same code executed in pws (only the path have been changed)...that is why it confuses me more...I have searched the msdn site also, but there I have found lot of examples of this error code, but not with this error message.<BR>Thanks again for looking into this problem.<BR>Regards<BR>Goutam

Jason Buck Guest

"Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=D:FTPmyusernameDatabasemydatabase.mdb"<BR><BR> Try defining the Driver before opening the file. Use this connection string only, don&#039t add the DriverID and FIL for now.<BR><BR>Respectfully,<BR><BR>Jason<BR>webmaste