I have a site that gets about 4,000 unique visits a day (www.tooled-up.com).<BR><BR>It is pure ASP, running on Win 2K IIS5, with a SQL Server 2000 backend. It is patched religiously so completely up to date with everything. We use Terminal Services to get access to the server.<BR><BR>The hardware is PIII 1Gb, Raid 5, 1.2Gb RAM. It was dual processor, but after rumors that ASP does not like dual chip machines we pulled one!!<BR><BR>The site is coded with stored proecures for ALL access to the database, pages connected via OLEDB, and GetRows used throughout. There is one custom DLL that we purchased to encrypt text files on the server (ASPEncrypt). Everything is closed and cleared on each page. The page design is modular, so each page has at least 4 include files on it (top bar, left bar, right bar, bottom bar).<BR><BR>Every couple of days the server hangs - we can terminal services into it, and the machine let&#039;s you do stuff, but it completely gives up on serving ASP pages that are requesting data. The CPU maxes at 100%. It is difficult to tell if it is SQL Server or ASP that has crashed, but usually it requires a complete reboot to get going again.<BR><BR>Also interesting is that we recently upped the number of products in the database to near 40,000, ad the site went very slowly even right after a reboot. The only way to speed it up was to delete a section of the product database. We are at 23,000, and it seems to be zinging along now. I guess just before the increase we were at just over 30,000 and it was reasonably OK whilst it was running.<BR><BR>The product table has a few longish varchars, and a text field for a long description, so I am going to try and break down the table when I am in next as that is the only thing I can think that would cause the immediate slowdown. There is a full text index on the table (though not based on the text field) based on about 6 columns.<BR><BR>I have other ASP sites that never crash that are written very simply with all queries in the pages etc. Although the traffic isn&#039;t as much they never fall over.<BR><BR>Could an untrapped error be causing this? I have shied away from sticking on error resume next at the top of every page. It is an under documented area of ASP I think - any suggestions as to good ways to error handle - I&#039;d rather the user see a error message, than the site crash!!<BR><BR>Any other ideas?