ASP Download page

Thread: ASP Download page

Default ASP Download page

I want to write a download page to display links for people to download files, associate release notes, descriptions, etc. There are a couple of things I&#039;d like to do.<BR><BR>1. I&#039;d like to force the users to submit some info before they are able to download a file.<BR><BR>2. I&#039;ve got access to a SQL Server, so I don&#039;t know whether or not that gives me any advantages as far as storing the files.<BR><BR>3. I&#039;d like to prevent people from directly linking to a file.<BR><BR>Any suggestions on how I could accomplish this? I could do something simple like dumping the files in a directory and maintaining path info and the like in a table on my SQL Server.<BR><BR>Perhaps I might get a little fancier and use the file system object to read the files in the directory where they reside.<BR><BR>I can&#039;t help but think there is a better way to approach this and unfortunatly searching for a "download page example" hasn&#039;t given me the results I was hoping for.<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Mitch<BR><BR>p.s. If there is a good ASP.Net example out there, I&#039;d love to look at that as well!

Default RE: ASP Download page

stream files like this :<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>j<BR><BR>