Thread: Website!

Default Website!

Hi! Guys<BR><BR>The topic sounds very generic, but here&#039;s what i&#039;m trying to achieve. I have installed an IIS server and has also created my project(website) on the server. I have configured IISStart.asp and Localstart.asp to redirect to my project, whenever I type the name of the machine in Explorer, from any PC Internally. <BR><BR>What i wanna know is this. When I get my website name registered, whats the next step i need to perform. For example , currently to get to my website internally I type in the Server name ie http://MYSERVER and the default page of my project comes up. When I get an external address for it , for ex: what do i need to do next. Do i have to perform various other task on IIS, or as soon as i get that address and put the server external, the site gets redirected to my server??<BR><BR>I know that this may sound like a stupid question to some of you, but the thing is that i&#039;m very new to ASP and IIS. I would really appreciate your help.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR><BR>Vik

Default RE: Website!

&#062; When I get an external address for it , for ex: what do i need to do next.<BR><BR>you need to configure that name record to point to your server using DNS. however, I&#039;d say if you&#039;re new to this, pay a host to run the live site for you. it&#039;s cheap and everything&#039;s done for you already, no patching worries, no extra line rental expense etc...<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>