asp and include files

Thread: asp and include files

Carl Ingerisch Guest

Default asp and include files

I have a site that uses one basic template page to display data on over 50 different regions. However, I am having trouble differentiating between the maps that are supposed to be displayed on the relavant page, as each page is distinguished by data in the query string. My initial thought was to use asp in the include file call that displays the map and its hotspots, but that won&#039t work (obviously). Is there any way around this?<BR><BR>&#060;!--#include file="includes/maps/&#060;%= prov %&#062;.inc"--&#062; where &#039prov&#039 is the variable

PFY Guest

Default RE: asp and include files

Try this i don&#039t know if it&#039s goinh to work :<BR><BR>&#060;!--#include file="includes/maps/" + &#060;%= prov %&#062; + ".inc"--&#062; <BR><BR>go to my programming site :<BR>

Default RE: asp and include files

Sorry mate, that didn&#039t cut it.<BR>The whole trouble comes in the fact that the page gathers all the text from the includes before it processes the asp. This I know, but I was hoping I hadn&#039t thought of something.<BR>He he he<BR>Thanks anyways<BR>PS Will go see your site later today<BR>