NT users and ASP

Thread: NT users and ASP

Martin Guest

Default NT users and ASP

I have password protected a directory in NT (only NT users are alowed into the application). The problem is, how can I in the application find out who the user is ?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for any feedback

akdurairaj@usa.net Guest

Default RE: NT users and ASP

Hi,<BR><BR>THis program will help u to find the user.<BR><BR>===================================== ===============<BR>dim strUserID<BR><BR>strUserID = Mid(Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER"),(instr(1, Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER"),"\")+1),len(R equest.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER")))<BR><BR>strUs erID = Ucase(strUserID)<BR><BR>========================== ======================<BR>strUserID = Current user id in ur login machine<BR><BR>If u want to do like this.<BR>then u have to declare your IIS server like the following:-<BR>-================================================== ============<BR><BR>Are u using Windows NT ? In that case request.servervariables("LOGON_USER")should work. It&#039s also important that your security settings are correct.I&#039m assuming u are using IIS, wich makes u have to remove the Anonymous and Clear text authentication in security tab of your IIS-manager.<BR>====================================== =======================<BR><BR>If u need anything more visit the following site (0r) mail me to akdurairaj@usa.net<BR><BR>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/partbook/mts/identifyingusersiniis.htm<BR><BR>regards<BR>durair aj